Sharing Senegal

Friday, October 20, 2006

More Pictures!!!

click on a picture to see it bigger.

Sorry these are rather unorganized and only come a few at a time... it's the best I can do until back in the States, I'm afraid.


Meet Bessy, my new acquaintance. Yes, I am milking her. And yes, that is my hair. Experience and subsequent image courtesy of the friendly cowherd neighbors at Ker Sadaro. After learning how hard it actually is to milk a cow, I think I shall drink my tall, cold glasses a little more slowly now.



My minions!!! These four children live at my house. From left to right, Ahmed, Bebe Cheikh, Bachir and Bebe Fa (short for Fatima). I'd include their ages, but the truth is, I'm not entirely sure what they are. Bebe Cheikh's mom told me that he is one and half, while my guess was around three. Bachir told me Bebe Fa is four, my brother Momo guessed she was probably around three, and she told me she is in fact twenty one.



This is my room in the Samb house. My bed is a few inches of foam pad between me and the wooden boards of the frame. Note the princess-style mosquito net.



The tangled beauty of Zone B, Dakar. This is the view from my window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home